Here at Remedy, we carry a variety of different cannabis products designed to help you manage symptoms associated with various health problems. Rick Simpson Oil (RSO) is one of our most potent products, but what separates it from standard THC products?
Well, the key difference is that the oil is created by using the entire cannabis plant and infusing these full-spectrum effects into a very potent, concentrated dose. Here is what you need to know about Rick Simpson Oil.
Meet Rick Simpson
Rick Simpson took an interest in cannabis in the late 1990s when he suffered a work injury that resulted in periodic dizzy spells, pain, and ringing of the ears. His doctor refused to treat him with medical cannabis, so he decided to source his own full-spectrum cannabis oil and finally found some relief. A few years later, in 2003, Simpson was diagnosed with skin cancer. He used his full-spectrum cannabis oil to treat the cancer, applying it directly to the affected areas on his skin and covering it with a bandage. Within a few days, the affected area completely cleared up. He has since shared his regimen online and products similar to what he used now bear his name.
There are quite a few consumption methods for RSO including topically, orally, sublingually (under the tongue), and you can even cook with it! Here is a quick guide to consuming RSO:
- Topical: Apply the RSO directly to the affected area and cover with a bandage for best results. Topical RSO is helpful for skin cancers, arthritis, & more.
- Oral: RSO is pretty sticky and doesn’t taste the best by itself, so it’s best to place a rice-sized dose directly on a cracker, piece of bread, or other food of choice.
- Sublingual: Place your dose of RSO under your tongue or inside of your cheek and allow the RSO to absorb. This method allows for faster effects, as the RSO absorbs directly into the bloodstream.
- Cooking with RSO: When cooking or baking RSO, simply replace your cannabutter or oil with the RSO. The great thing about this is that you don’t have to worry about the decarboxylation process!
RSO Dosing Advice
As with all cannabis products, it is best to start small and slow then first starting out. The great thing about medical cannabis is that everything is measured and dosed carefully so that you know exactly how much THC you are getting with each dose. RSO is extremely potent, so start out with a small drop, no bigger than a grain of rice. For consistent relief, take a dose every eight hours for about a week. After a week, you can gauge whether or not you need to increase your dosage.
RSO’s Medical Benefits
RSO is specifically known for its ability to cure symptoms associated with certain types of cancers, primarily skin cancer. IT can also provide relief from symptoms associated with:
- Chemotherapy Treatments: helps with the pain & nausea that can occur during treatment
- Arthritis Pain
- Insomnia: RSO can have sedating effects, so plan accordingly when dosing.
- Lack of Appetite: Because of the high THC content, it can increase appetite
Ready for Some RSO? Visit Remedy Columbia Today!
Here at Remedy, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality medicine and products to our valued patients. Visit our menu to place an online order and sign up for our Remedy Rewards program to receive our daily special text messages.
Have questions about medical cannabis in Maryland? Feel free to give us a call at (443)-542-0948! We can’t wait to hear from you!